Showcasing innovations – the basis for KIOGE’s success
KIOGE 2013, the 21st Kazakhstan International Oil & Gas Exhibition and Conference, opened today in Almaty. Occupying five pavilions of the Atakent Exhibition Centre and held since 1993, KIOGE is the largest annual oil and gas exhibition in Kazakhstan and the Caspian region.
The KIOGE 2013 exhibition brings together 462 companies from 22 countries. Six countries are represented by national stands: Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, Canada, China and Russia (Nizhny Novgorod region). Kazakhstani companies make up the largest share of exhibitors with 33%, followed by Russia (31%), China (11%) and Germany (9.5%).
Exhibitors include major companies such as KazMunayGas and all its subsidiaries, China National Petroleum Corporation, Karachaganak Petroleum Operating, Maersk Oil, Schneider Electric, Byelkamit, Caspian Offshore Construction, Caspian Pipeline Consortium, Caspian Machine Building Plant, RussNeft, Tengizchevroil, TransNeft and Ust-Kamenogorsk Valve Plant.
The exhibition has been expanded this year with an outdoor presentation, which includes a pumping unit for oil wells brought to Almaty especially for the exhibition by Caspian Machine Building Plant.
Some of the innovations presented by exhibitors at KIOGE 2013:
- Technology for cleaning oil-contaminated soil
- New software to summarise and graphically represent fluid flows in oil and gas fields
- Oil spill prevention and response systems, well safety systems
- New technology for weld joint coating and anti-corrosion protection
- Longitudinal welded pipes with internal and external coating made from all steel grades
- A full range of special valves and flanges made of alloys and low-temperature, carbon and stainless steel
- A new range of engines with capacity from 1 to 7 MW
- Design systems that integrate information from diagrams, drawings and 3D models into one controllable information model
- Equipment to store evaporations from highly flammable liquids and odour control systems for industrial facilities and transhipment terminals
Since its launch, KIOGE has constantly followed its fundamental principles: giving the maximum possible reflection of oil and gas industry trends; focusing on new features, materials and products; maintaining its international status; and improving its information component with special events and round tables.
Notes to editors:
The two-day KIOGE 2013 conference, again taking place at the InterContinental Almaty hotel, opens on 2 October. Its programme consists of eight sessions with presentations from 50 speakers.
The first day of the conference will cover future development of the key oil fields of Kazakhstan, plans for development of shale deposits, the use of innovative solutions in oil exploration and development, and using new technologies to optimise oil transportation.
The second day will open with a session dedicated to local content issues. Speakers will talk about the benefits and legal requirements of local content and review opportunities for technology transfer. Legal professionals presented in this session will discuss resolving tax disputes and financing of the oil sector. The next session will examine issues on improving industrial safety and environmental protection, limiting harmful emissions, and technologies for offshore development and establishment of infrastructure.
The conference will close with the Oil Production and Petrochemical Industry session, which includes issues of innovative approaches in refining and petrochemicals, rebuilding key refineries and using new technologies.
Using the new KIOGE mobile app available on IOS and Android, each visitor can now search KIOGE 2013 in AppStore and PlayMarket to download a free interactive floorplan with descriptions of exhibitors and their stand numbers, as well as the exhibitor list and seminar programme.
Other new features and services at KIOGE 2013:
- A meeting appointment system via private accounts on the exhibition website
- Over 20 seminars held in a Free Seminar Zone where all visitors can attend over 20 presentations focused on doing business in the Kazakhstan oil and gas industry
- 16 touch-screen kiosks available across the exhibition, showing the floor plans and full exhibitor listing
- A seating area with a coffee bar in Pavilion 11
Exclusive interviews for the special edition of TOGY KIOGE magazine have been published on the KIOGE official website. The following materials are available in the KIOGE Daily Interviews section of the website:
- Kazakhstan strengthens its presence in the global oil and gas market – Uzakbay Karabalin, Minister of Oil and Gas of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- KazMunayGas is the vehicle for Kazakh government policy in the oil and gas industry – Sauat Mynbayev, Chairman of the Management Board, JSC NC KazMunayGas
- Business events – stimulating the development of services in Kazakhstan – Almas Kudaybergen, Chairman of KazService, the Association of Service Companies of Kazakhstan
- KIOGE – an ideal networking platform – Graeme Coombes, Head of Oil & Gas Division, ITE Group plc
KIOGE 2013 is officially supported by the Ministry of Oil and Gas of the Republic of Kazakhstan, KazMunayGas, the Almaty Mayoral Administration, the Union of Oilfield Service Companies of Kazakhstan (Kazservice) and diplomatic missions of participating countries.
Official partners of KIOGE 2013: Schlumberger, Thomson Reuters, BG Kazakhstan, Maersk Oil, OMV, Tengizchevroil, AUMA, FLUOR, FMC Technologies, FEI, GMS Group, Grata Law Firm, OZNA, Ust-Kamenogorsk Valve Plant, Air Astana and the International Business Academy.
The event is organised by the Kazakhstani exhibition company Iteca and its international partners, including ITE Group, ITE Moscow, GiMA (Germany), ITE China, EUF (Turkey), ITE Poland and ITE Gulf (Dubai).
For more information, visit www.kioge.kz. KIOGE 2014 will take place from 30 September to 3 October 2014.
- Created on .
- Hits: 28488